The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Setting up of fixtures to complete a variety of welding assignments.
- Handling of piece parts ranging form 5 lbs. to 20 lbs.
- Using appropriate welding gases to produce quality welds.
- Willingness to learn new machinery in various departments.
- Using simple measuring equipment such as squares and tape measures.
- Deburring and cleaning of parts using various hand and power tools such as a belt sander, drill press, and ballard boy.
- Enrollment and successful completion of courses offered on premises though the S&C Technical Training Institute is required.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Knowledge of shop math, welding applications and practices.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow specific written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to understand measuring equipment such as micrometers and dial calipers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan daily work assignments in a self-directed changing environment.
Relevant Work Experience:
- One to three years Mig and Tig welding experience required.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking of moderate distances (<1/8 miles).
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of items weighing less than 20 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional positioning of tub titlers and use of hand trucks to move parts and tooling a moderate distance.
- Pulling: Occasional positioning of tub titlers and use of hand trucks to move parts and tooling a moderate distance.
- Bending: Occasional bending to perform a variety of job tasks.
- Reaching: Frequent reaching to load and unload parts from fixture in machine or tubs.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools
- Job Identification - 103410
- Job Category - Production (Hourly)
- Degree Level - High School Graduate
- Job Schedule - Full time
- Job Shift - 2
- Locations - Chicago, IL, United States (On-site)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
In 1909, S&C Electric Company transformed the delivery of safe, reliable electricity with the invention of the Liquid Power Fuse. Today, as the world faces extreme weather events and the demand for electricity grows, S&C continues to innovate and advance the electrical grid, ensuring reliable and resilient power for homes, communities, and critical infrastructure around the world.
With a diverse, global workforce and core values around integrity, safety, and quality, S&C is a trusted industry leader and top workplace that offers meaningful careers to more than 3,500 team members. As a people-first organization, S&C is committed to fostering an inclusive and collaborative workplace where team members advance their careers through robust talent-development programs and involved leadership.
S&C’s deeply rooted belief diversity fosters greater creativity, innovation, and success guides the company to advance and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In (Production Operations/QA) we are responsible for maintaining S&C's longstanding reputation for quality products. While constantly integrating the latest technology into S&C's processes and adhering to the highest standards of quality, our work solidifies the trust our customers have in S&C that our equipment will be integral to solving tomorrow's energy challenges. We strive for continuous improvement in everything we do, knowing that our work impacts our customers, out team members, and our world.