The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Handling of coil stock ranging in weight from 50 lbs. to 1500 lbs. with the help of material handling equipment.
- Handling of strip stock from the rack into the machine weighing approximately 30 lbs.
- Handling of piece parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs.
- First piece inspection of parts using tape measure, scale, micrometer and dial calipers.
- Running of various secondary operations within department when needed.
- Enrollment and successful completion of courses offered on premises through the S&C Continuous Improvement Institute is required.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- A working knowledge of shop math.
- The ability to read blueprints and to follow specific written instructions and procedures.
- A basic knowledge of measuring equipment such as square, scale, tape measure, dial calipers and micrometer.
- A basic understanding of metal forming applications and practices.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Setup and operation of presses from 35 tons up to 600 tons.
- Job Identification - 103158
- Job Category - Production (Hourly)
- Job Schedule - Full time
- Job Shift - 2
- Locations - Chicago, IL, United States
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs. Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking of moderate distances ( less than 1/8 mile).
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of items weighing less than 20 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional positioning of tub tilters and use of hand trucks to move parts and tooling a moderate distance.
- Pulling: Occasional positioning of tub tilters and use of hand trucks to move parts and tooling a moderate distance.
- Bending: Occasional bending to perform a variety of job tasks.
- Reaching: Frequent reaching to load and unload parts from fixture in machine.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 20 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools.
In 1909, S&C Electric Company transformed the delivery of safe, reliable electricity with the invention of the Liquid Power Fuse. Today, as the world faces extreme weather events and the demand for electricity grows, S&C continues to innovate and advance the electrical grid, ensuring reliable and resilient power for homes, communities, and critical infrastructure around the world.
With a diverse, global workforce and core values around integrity, safety, and quality, S&C is a trusted industry leader and top workplace that offers meaningful careers to more than 3,500 team members. As a people-first organization, S&C is committed to fostering an inclusive and collaborative workplace where team members advance their careers through robust talent-development programs and involved leadership.
S&C’s deeply rooted belief diversity fosters greater creativity, innovation, and success guides the company to advance and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In (Production Operations/QA) we are responsible for maintaining S&C's longstanding reputation for quality products. While constantly integrating the latest technology into S&C's processes and adhering to the highest standards of quality, our work solidifies the trust our customers have in S&C that our equipment will be integral to solving tomorrow's energy challenges. We strive for continuous improvement in everything we do, knowing that our work impacts our customers, out team members, and our world.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION