The part time Constituent Services Coordinator works with the constituent services team to address a wide range of resident needs. They respond to concerns including city issues and quality of life matters; identifying potential solutions; and serving as a proactive advocate for residents. In addition, they will also manage the 40th Ward’s communications. Bilingual candidates (specifically Spanish speaking) are highly desired.
- Report directly to the Chief of Staff and supervise department volunteers and interns as applicable.
- Work with 40th Ward team to address and resolve incoming phone, email, and walk-in constituent service requests.
- Develop reports to track Constituent Services Requests (CSRs) while overseeing and managing Airtable data.
- Perform 40th Ward surveys, spending time “in the field” to assess reported issues and to monitor current projects and conditions.
- Manage communications funnel including social media, website and weekly newsletter.
- Participate in projects such as event set up, requiring the ability to lift items weighing 20 lbs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Resident of Chicago, IL.
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Able to hold conversations on sensitive, critical matters while being empathetic, respectful, and honest.
- Resourceful, responsive, and service-minded. Willing to go the extra mile and seek creative solutions.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; maintain a flexible schedule for community meetings.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Communications skills – writing, social media, website, press releases, etc.
- Experience in using AirTable and/or Salesforce
- Knowledge of the 40th Ward
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Position is part-time, 28 hours per week
- $25 per hour
How to apply:
- Complete the form and upload resume and cover letter at bit.ly/CSC40thWard2022
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed through Friday July 1, 2022
The office of Alderman Andre Vasquez is an equal opportunity employer that values diverse experiences and perspectives. Candidates must meet all requirements for employment by the city.