S&C is the specialist in high-voltage switching, protection and control, providing products for the electric power industry since 1911. Among those products are a line of distribution and transmission level voltage controller products to automate Electrical Utilities distribution systems. Controller products include microprocessor-based controls used in power distribution automation applications, including capacitor controls, source transfer controls, electronics fuses, switchgear controls, as well as patented peer-to-peer feeder restoration systems. In this position, you will report to the Sr. Manager – Product Engineering. This position will be based at S&C’s Chicago, Illinois location.
The job of the Project Engineer will be to develop, maintain and enhance new and existing control products for use with our switching and interrupting products.
The work associated with this job includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing electronic products for Smart Grid solutions, including analog and unique power supply designs
- Conception to implementation of analog and power electronics systems that include implementation of many analog functions including amplifiers and power supply regulator circuits, low power circuits are included
- Experience with circuit board layout on analog and mixed signal boards
- Responsible for transition, new production build and modification of electronic products to manufacturing
- Perform calibration and test functions; be able to troubleshoot yield issues for new batches at the board level, chip level, and signal level, and provide reports to design engineers and manufacturing
- Perform and documents product compliance results; may require local, single day travel to outside test facilities, and documentation archiving of test reports
- Must be able to work in cross-functional, remote, and multi-cultural teams
- Able to work quickly and decisively under close deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken, to clearly present ideas in a variety of forums
- Must be collaborative and able to seek help, ask questions, and work with diverse team members to accomplish complex technical assignments
- Basic knowledge in the use of computer applications for design and analysis and circuit board layout tools
Relevant Experience Required: Minimum 5 years of experience with electronic circuit design and simulations
- Job Identification - 103477
- Job Category - Engineering
- Degree Level - Bachelor's Degree
- Job Schedule - Full time
- Job Shift - 1
- Locations - Chicago, IL, United States (Hybrid)
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing - Occasional, during testing, sample preparation or process observation.
- Lifting - Occasional light lifting, infrequent lifting up to 50 lbs. for mock-up or test sample preparation.
- Walking - Routine walking.
- Carrying - Occasional carrying of light objects for short distances.
- Pushing - Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Pulling - Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work
- Bending - Occasional bending during mock-up assembly or test sample preparation.
- Reaching - Infrequent reaching.
- Handling - Frequent handling of parts or tools during mock-up assembly or test sample preparation.
- Other - Frequent use of computer workstation monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
In 1909, S&C Electric Company transformed the delivery of safe, reliable electricity with the invention of the Liquid Power Fuse. Today, as the world faces extreme weather events and the demand for electricity grows, S&C continues to innovate and advance the electrical grid, ensuring reliable and resilient power for homes, communities, and critical infrastructure around the world.
With a diverse, global workforce and core values around integrity, safety, and quality, S&C is a trusted industry leader and top workplace that offers meaningful careers to more than 3,500 team members. As a people-first organization, S&C is committed to fostering an inclusive and collaborative workplace where team members advance their careers through robust talent-development programs and involved leadership.
S&C’s deeply rooted belief diversity fosters greater creativity, innovation, and success guides the company to advance and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture.
ABOUT THE TEAM
In the (Engineering, Design) department, we are responsible for creatively addressing customers' needs, pioneering industry changes, and understanding each step, from R&D to production. We strive to not only solve the unique challenges our customers face today, but to create breakthrough technologies enabling them to effectively navigate the demands of the grid of tomorrow. As S&C innovates for reliability, progress, and longevity, our work continues S&C's legacy of creating game-changing technology and advancing the energy industry.